View Profile Rorrapalooza

All 23 Audio Reviews

11 w/ Responses

MUCH YES-NESS! VERY EXCITE! The beat was dope enough without anything on it, but good god damn you fucking ripped that verse, homie. Love it.

This is some tasty ambient, guy! The beginning kind of reminds me of "Two-Dimensional" by Dorian Concept, and the textures you've got going on are quite soothing. Love the vinyl warmth, the shimmering oscillation of the synth, and the envelope manipulations on the subtle drums in the middle and near the end. Choice work.

DUDE. This is effin' dope. I really love the chord progression and the synths that you're using in the beginning, the sound is just fucking huge and warm. I like the idea of you going back into this beat and tweaking it, because that first drop has epic buildup and the following groove is great, but I want it to hit even haaaaaahhhdaaaaahhhhh.

Kassich responds:

yeah, it's something I have to work on, writing hard hitting stuff is super hard sometimes... Thanks for listening! and thanks for commenting!

This sounds like Doseone on dubstep steroids. Noice.

Firstly, nice music choice.

Secondly...uh yeah, dawg. That bass is bumpin' pretty good like. Not gonna lie.

Love the playfulness of this beat, and the fact that it's a bit up tempo from most trap is an interesting feel. I also like that you were able to take the themes of the song and arrange them into a nice, catchy trap tune. I would honestly love to hear an even dirtier, slower trap mix of this, but you've definitely got some talent, breh. Noice.

steampianist responds:

thanks for the review and happy to know i got that 808.

This shit is cool man, like super cool. The beats are absolutely 100% on point and the mix is on fire, but the only thing that stopped me from giving it a 5 was how jarring the dissonance in the samples at the beginning of the piece was. For most of it, really, but in the end the change in piano samples seemed to offer some respite from the clutter. But like I said, everything really comes together well, and some may even like the odd, off-kilter tones of the beginning. Dope work. Keep it comin'.

Beautiful song, good sir. Excellent melodic qualities and deep chords.

MrNightVarga responds:

Thank you kindly. Glad you liked it. =)

God, there are so few people who do old school right anymore! FUCKING THANK YOU!

I don't have to know the language in which you rap, because I can feel the intensity of that flow, homie! Seriously, you and your homies have some serious chops. Major props. Don't stop.

"Them drums is killin' ya, bro."

Great sampling job, and the beat itself is very well orchestrated, but as everyone else before said, those drums need to be replaced. I'm using Reason, which has some fucking great drum programs if that helps you any.

I am a musician, a writer, and a gamer, and I enjoy Newgrounds so much that I decided to become a member. I play the trumpet and the drums and I write in my very rare spare time.

The Lip @Rorrapalooza